Monday, December 3, 2012

"The Kid" has arrived

William Thayne Church was born this morning 12/3/12 at 7:22.  He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 21 inches long.  Here are some pictures.





















Now for those of you who want to know how it all went down here is the quick birth story. After seeing my doctor on my due date (Thursday November 29), I was very discouraged because there was no progress.  I had ultimately resigned myself to the idea that I was going to end up being induced the following Friday.  To my surprise, I started having contractions on Saturday night at about 11:00 pm.  I didn't really think they were contractions for quite a while.  Probably because I didn't want to get my hopes up.  They started getting regular at 4:00 in the morning when I could no longer sleep through them.  As the contractions got closer I continued to be skeptical, but we started to get ready, and finally went to the hospital at 4:00 pm.

When we got to the hospital I was still only at 3 cm, but my contractions were 4-5 minutes apart so they admitted me and my long night began.  I was able to progress naturally without any supplementation.  I got an epidural at 8:00 and was able to relax most of the night.  I progressed to 8 cm by 2:00 am, but then it took awhile for his head to drop low enough to push.  We started pushing at around 6:45 and he was born at 7:22.  He is a cute little guy with a dimple chin and long fingers and toes like his daddy and a cute little nose like his Grandma Romney.  He has had some trouble maintaining his temperature and doesn't want to wake up to eat today, but I'm sure that will change once his 24 hour labor hangover wears off.

We are both doing great and looking forward to going home and sleeping without disturbance every 30 min.  Robbie was an excellent support!

No comments:

Post a Comment